Saturday, June 25, 2005

Fairy GM to the Rescue!

Received an urgent call for help this morning. My colleague Jasmine was one of the 'sisters' attending the wedding of her cousin. Her cousin was marrying into a Malay family and she was horrified by the makeup done by the Malay makeup artist. She was so appalled by the makeup that she almost cried.

The description gave by Jasmine: " Her eyebrows looked like LaPiXiaoXin (a Japanese cartoon character with thick bushy straight brows. The eyebrows looked as if they were drawn with a ruler with one finger spacing in between. The false eyelashes were pointing downwards like a curtain. She basically look like a ghost."

I had to think fast. I didn't have enough time to go back home to take my makeup box. I went to Sasa to grab a pair of false eyelashes and lash glue, and some sticks for double eyelid illusion. Took a cab down. I had to make do with my minimal set of makeup that I always carry in my bag daily.

What's in my pouch?
- Eyebrow pencil
- Eyelash curler
- Mascara (waterproof)
- Liquid eyeliner (waterproof too)
- Pink lip gloss from Red Earth
- Clear high shine lip gloss
- Glitter lip gloss from Bodyshop (new and still in package, which I got yesterday)
- Blusher
- Blusher brush
- Eyebrow brush
- Brown eyeshadow
- Glitter pencil
- Sponge tip applicator

I actually have enough stuff in my pouch for a "glam" makeover! Ok. I will definitely be prepared at all times from now on. At least have the basic necessity ready for any emergency makeup.

Be ready, anytime. Ok, that'll be my tagline.

5 comments:

coboypb said...

Wow. You are really a fairy godmother :)

coboypb said...

By the way, talking about tagline, I have tagged you and Slushy to take part in this "Cook next door" meme. It's answering some questions about your baking/cooking experience and what you like to eat. Just for fun. You can read about mine @ http://simplejoysinlife.blogspot.com/2005/06/cook-next-door-meme.html and decide if you would like to participate. Let me know if you have any questions :)

JerL said...

Thanks for reading updates in my blog.. what's a meme? I'm confused!

coboypb said...

A meme is defined as a unit of cultural information, such as a cultural practice or idea, that is transmitted verbally or by repeated action from one mind to another. Based on my understanding, I think a blogger would create a topic or questions to discuss and she would first give her answers and asked a few fellow bloggers to participate for fun and this "answering game" would spread like some virus :)

sassychix said...

You're allowed to voice out your own opinions, but I strongly suggest you be wary that some people find this racist. and by SOME, i mean ALOT of people who are discussing this on twitter. There's a fine line between voicing your opinions, and bashing another person.