Monday, June 13, 2005

Makeup Artist's Time Plan

For bridegrooms-to-be out there, maybe when you choose the ROM timeslot, I suggest you should take into consideration the time your bride has to wake up to do the makeup and hair. And the time your poor makeup artist has to be ready.

Well, it was a real experience with Christina as her ROM slot was the earliest one at 9.30am.. let's calculate backwards to see what time I have to wake up.

0900 - Latest time the couple has to arrive at ROM
0800 - Everyone ready to leave bride's house
0730 - Bride to put on gown and shoes
0600 - Start makeup
0530 - Breakfast time
0500 - Bride wake up and wash up. Makeup artist to doll up herself
0430 - Makeup artist wake up, wash up and change.

I decided to stay overnight at Christina's place the night before as it was almost impossible for me to wake up at 3am to travel to from Bishan to Jurong. At least I can wake up at 4.30am, so I have one and a half more hours to sleep.

4 comments:

Nausicaa said...

That IS quite early to get up. For mine, I think we left the house around 9-10+ and my makeup artist probably arrived around 8am. Only dressed after she finished her makeup. She probably woke up around 730am cos I think that's when she called me.

JerL said...

Hmm.. but Kelly didn't put on any makeup on herself..

Anonymous said...

I think she did, but don't think it's that neccessary for her because she didn't follow me like you did for Christina. So she probably went home and caught up on snooze so what's the point in dolling up for one hour and no one to see, right?

JerL said...

No, she didn't. She didn't even draw her eyebrows. I remember looking at her up and down and staring at her dark eyerings under her eyes. It was really bad. I remember it very clearly as I was there snapping away. I can even remember what she wore.. a white long sleeve top with low v-neckline.

I think it is very important for a makeup artist to maintain and upkeep her image at all times. What do you mean there's no one to see? I was there. I may have been her prospective client and she didn't leave a good first impression on me if I can still remember her dark eye-rings until 2 years later. She probably think that no one will bother or notice, but I'm very observant and particular about such things and the worst part is that I have a good memory of such things.