Saturday, June 11, 2005

Photoshoot at Clarke Quay

The photoshoot was set at a pub at Clarke Quay. It was suppose to be a clubbing scene. The girls are suppose to be gorgeous and dolled up ready to dance and party the night away.

Well, I enjoy the challenge of doing a photoshoot. You can display your creativity by deciding the look to match the theme of the shoot.

How do I decide what look for which girl?

1. The colour of the outfit.
I will try to match the colours of the makeup with the colours of the outfit. This is very important as you would not want the eye colours to contrast or clash with the colour of their dresses.

2. Their skin colour.
For Becky and Emilie, they have fairer skin with pink undertones, hence, it is ok for them to take the smoky-eye look without looking like a panda or being boxed. This look does not suit most Asians with sallow skin as you will tend to look vampirish and lifeless.

4 comments:

Nausicaa said...

Yeah, I don't think I can take the smokey eyes though I like that effect. Why "supposed" to be gorgeous? Aren't they? hee

JerL said...

Most of them look normal next-door girl without makeup. In fact, some look horrible without. I shan't say who but I had a hard time concealing the dark circle and eye bags under the eyes. Some of them have so many freckles it also took me ages to conceal! Almost fainted.

Anonymous said...

I will also need to conceal eyebags. Better have a makeover and photoshoot before too old! :)

JerL said...

makeover for you anytime. just let me know when :)then, you'll be my next model to appear on my blog.. haha...